Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A QUESTION I BET YOU'VE NEVER ASK YOURSELF !!!

Both Jim and I are EMT's. That is we were, but our licensing has elapsed. We took our training in affiliation with the University of Alabama. There, we saw all kinds of problems that humans were facing with health and psychological issues. But I never had to consider this question.

HOW MANY COCKROACH (CUCARACHA) BITES CAN YOU GET BEFORE YOU GET SICK?



Last night while lying in bed awake, along the top of my leg, I suddenly felt a soreness. Hm...need to apply some aloe there tomorrow I thought. Then later my lower leg hurt a bit ...hm...more aloe tomorrow. THEN, I felt a definite BITE on my toe. That's it. On with the light and I saw the large, brown “German” Alabama-like cockroach running across the white sheets. Into the kitchen for a wide mouth plastic glass...and slowly lifting the sheet...there it was again.  Down came the glass, a thin cardboard inserted underneath (yes, I carry several in my suitcase for craft projects with Mexican children), and I've got him.

Again the question about cucaracha bites: Off to the computer to find out:




That part above about sailors in the past having to wear gloves to avoid having their fingernails gnawed is especially concerning...arg.  

I'd like to add that where we're staying, it's about as clean as any house along this dirt road is and no matter how much care you take to keep out varmints, they will come in. I don't seem to have any lasting  problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment